Gareth is a consultant and course creator who helps his audience in the discipline of no-code software and Airtable. Using a marketing strategy to “educate first” with his YouTube channel, his company GAP Consulting has grown to serve thousands of clients over the last few years.
In addition to his consulting services, Gareth sells a range of online courses to help clients from Airtable basics through to mastery.
In this interview we cover:
- Why Gareth believes we should aim to to help as many people as possible with our expertise – and how online courses enable him to do that.
- How Gareth successfully launched his first course to an email list of just 100 people.
- Why you should always get feedback before creating your course (Gareth’s initial idea of what his course should be about was completely different to what people actually wanted).
- The critical difference between the content you give away for free to generate demand and the content you put in your courses.
- Why it’s important not to get bogged down by all the technology and complexity and to just focus on the next important step.
- The structure Gareth uses in his lessons to ensure learners can master quite technical material.
- How creating a low cost entry-level course as an initial offer to new contacts has been a real “game changer” – allowing Gareth to speed up getting a return on investment from his marketing.
- The exact framework Gareth uses in his YouTube videos to generate leads for his courses and consulting.
- How your audience on YouTube will quite quickly tell you whether you’re on track.
- Why the key to success with YouTube is to “get past the suck” (you’ll have to watch the video to see what that means!)
You can find out more about Gareth and his courses here:
Or join Gareth’s free webinar to learn how to leverage Airtable to automate tasks, streamline your workflow and get your time back: