Sarah has been doing brand strategy for global clients for over 20 years, and recently founded Brand Strategy Academy to teach aspiring brand strategists EXACTLY how to do it.
Brand Strategy Academy is a step-by-step guide to creating a world-class brand strategy for either your own business, or a client business if you’re a service provider.
In this interview we cover:
- How Sarah’s market research showed her what potential customers really wanted from the course and allowed her to hit the right emotional and rational hot buttons in her marketing.
- Why having a clear and simple framework for your course helps customers learn better and makes it easier for you to build.
- How Sarah found an important gap in the market that other brand strategy courses weren’t covering – and used that as a core part of her positioning.
- How to carve out the time in a busy schedule to make regular progress on your online course.
- Why Sarah uses a “repeating launch” model rather than having her course available to buy all the time.
- Why she needed to pause course development to focus on building an audience before her first launch.
- The importance of getting testimonials for your course as fast as possible.
- Why it’s vital to find and focus on the right marketing channels that will work for you if you’re not working full time on marketing.
- Sarah’s take on branding for online courses: why it’s becoming more important, and why it’s not just about logos, colours and design.
- Why you need to have a long-term mindset for online course building and a focus on helping your customer – and not set out thinking it’s just a good way to make a quick buck.
You can find out more about Sarah and the Brand Strategy Academy program here:
Or contact Sarah directly via